At the Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center we offer a very unique internship opportunity that can be personalized for each individual intern. Our interns join our naturalists and captains on whale and dolphin watching trips collecting data through out our season that runs from March-November (Schedules are also personalized to work around outside employment, classes, etc).
Intern tasks include:
- Photographing marine mammals on whale and dolphin watching trips
- GPS/Data collection and processing
- Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin fin matching and analyzing
- Leading a touch tank, whale baleen and marine debris demonstration
- Maintenance of collected local species tanks
- Educating passengers
- Contributing to our research blog and creating an independent project
For specific questions, email Tracie Cicchitti (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Melissa Laurino (MellsLaurino@Gmail.com).
To submit an application, visit: https://capemaywhalewatch.com/opportunities.php